Indian Visa Application Process
Apply online for an Indian visa application here, if you are planning to visit India. To learn more about India eVisa application process, read the article below.
The Indian Immigratio has made the online Indian visa application process straightforward by providing an easy online option. Now you can receive your Indian e-visa by email. The Indian visa is no longer available in the paper-only format, which is quite a hassle as it requires you to visit local Indian Consulate or Embassy. If you want to visit India for tourism, business, or medical purposes, you can use a Indian e-Visa. The e-Visa for India is a cost-effective and quick option. Tourists can use the e-Tourist variant, while business travelers can use the business e-visa variant. All electronic e-visas can be applied using the same online Indian Visa application form.
Now, the Government of India has made things more comfortable than ever by introducing electronic or e-visa for India, which can be applied online by following a straightforward procedure. It has made visiting India convenient for international travelers who only have to go through an easy online Indian visa application process to get an Indian e-visa. Whether the purpose of the visit is tourism, sightseeing, recreation, business, or medical treatment, the Indian visa application form is available online and is easy to fill out. By following simple instructions and guidelines, you can apply for the Indian e-visa online, right here. Indian online visas can be categorized as - Indian Tourist e-Visa, Indian Business e-Visa, Indian Medical e-Visa and Indian Medical Attendant e-Visa
Things To Consider Before Filling The Online Indian Visa Application Form
Before you fill out the Indian visa application form, you must understand the eligibility conditions for the Indian e-visa. You will only be able to apply for the Indian visa if you meet the following eligibility conditions:
- You must be a citizen of any of the 180 countries whose citizens are eligible for the Indian visa.
- You can only enter the country for tourism, medical, and business purposes.
- You can only enter through authorized immigration check posts, including 28 airports and FIVE seaports.
- It is imperative to meet the eligibility conditions specific to the kind of E Visa you are filing. It depends entirely on your purpose of visit.
- You should ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information while applying for the Indian e-visa.
- Learn more about photo requirements and passport requirement for Online Indian Visa.
Essential Documents for Applying Indian e-visa
Regardless of the kind of e-visa you are looking to obtain, you will need to provide soft copies of the following documents:
- A scanned copy of the first page of the passport. (The Passport must be standard and not a diplomatic or official one).
- The applicant’s passport must remain valid for a minimum of SIX months from the entry date. Otherwise, passport renewal is necessary. It should also contain two blank pages for immigration purposes.
- A copy of the applicant’s recent passport-sized colored photograph (only of the face), a valid email address, and a credit/debit card to pay the visa fee.
- Onward or return ticket
The Indian online Visa Application Process in Detail
The applicant must make sure to have all the necessary documents in one place before starting their application for the Indian e-Visa. It is recommended to file the e-Visa 4 to 7 days prior to the desired date of entry as it might take up to 4 days to complete the overall process. As the process is entirely online, the applicant is not required to visit any of the consular or embassies.
Hence, the steps to attain the Indian e-Visa are as follows:
- Open the Indian visa application form on a new tab.
- You need to provide information such as passport details, personal information, character details, and past criminal offenses. Make sure that the details on your passport match the information you are providing in the application form.
- Then upload a passport-sized photograph of yourself according to the specifications mentioned by the Indian govt. Find the details here.
- After you have uploaded the photo successfully, you need to pay the processing fee by using any one of the currencies from 135 countries which are authorized by the Indian govt. For this, it is permitted to use Credit card or Debit card.
- After making the payment, you may be asked about details of your family, parents, and spouse. You might also have to provide additional information based on the purpose of your visit and the visa category you are applying for.
- If you are applying for a tourist visa, you may be have to provide proof of having sufficient money to fund your trip and stay in India.
- For the business Indian e-visa, you will need to furnish or submit a business card, email signature, website address, information about the Indian organization you intend to visit, and an invitation letter from the same organization.
- For a medical e-visa, you will be required to present authorization letters from the Indian hospital where you plan to undergo medical treatment and respond to any queries related to the hospital.
- You will receive all the required information through a secure link to your email address provided in your online Indian visa application form.
- Overall, completing the e-Visa form doesn’t take more than 15 to 20 minutes. After completion and submission, your visa is checked for errors by an expert.
- The decision on your visa application will be made within 3 to 4 working days, and within 24 hours in case of emergencies. If accepted, you will receive your e-visa through email. You will need to carry a printed copy of this e-visa with you to the airport. If there is an error, you will be informed instantly so that the application can be corrected and processed in time.
As you will observe, the entire Indian visa application form and online Indian visa application process is quite straightforward and simple. If you need further clarification on the e-visa, you will be able to contact the Indian e-Visa helpdesk.
Submitting an Indian e-visa can be effortlessly done through an online application form. Filling in the online form takes no more than 15 to 20 minutes. After filling in the required details in the online application form, you must pay the visa fee through a debit or credit card. You must upload documents like a passport, photograph, etc. almost all file formats are accepted. Your visa application is checked for errors. First, an expert will inspect the form for commonly made mistakes. Then it is confirmed whether the documents provided by you meet the requirements and match the details filled in the application form. If there is an error, you are informed instantly so that the application can be corrected and processed in time. Later, your visa application will be sent for further processing. Your Indian e-visa is generally granted in a week, in urgent cases, within 24 hours.
There are over 166 nationalities eligible for Indian e-Visa Online. Citizens from South Africa, Russia, United States, Canada, Poland and Australia amongst other nationalities are eligible to apply for Online Indian Visa.