Online India Tourist Visa
All details you need to know about Indian Tourist Visa are available on this page. Please make sure you read through the details before applying for eVisa for India.
India is often seen as an exotic travel destination but it is truly a place full of a rich and diverse culture from where you are sure to take back varying and interesting memories. If you are an international traveler who has decided to visit India as a tourist you are in great luck because you do not have to go through too much trouble in order to make this long awaited trip happen.
The Government of India provides an electronic Visa or e-Visa meant specifically for tourists and you can apply for the e-Visa online instead of from the Indian Embassy in your country as the traditional paper Visa is done. This India Tourist Visa is not only for tourists who visit the country for the purposes of sight-seeing or recreation but it is also supposed to make easier the lives of those who want to visit India for the purpose of visiting family, relatives, or friends.
Conditions of Indian Tourist Visa
As useful and helpful as the Indian Tourist Visa is, it does come with a list of conditions that you need to meet in order to be eligible for it. If you have applied for a 1 Year or 5 Year Tourist Visa, then it is only available to travelers who intend to stay for no longer than 180 days in the country at one time, that is, you should be returning or going onwards on your journey out of the country within 180 days of your entry into the country on the Tourist e-Visa. You also cannot take a commercial trip to India on the India Tourist Visa, only a non-commercial one. As long as you meet these eligibility requirements for the India Tourist Visa as well as the eligibility conditions for e-Visa in general, you would be eligible to apply for the Tourist Visa for India.
As mentioned above, the Indian Tourist Visa is meant for those international travelers who want to visit the country as tourists in order to visit all of the popular tourist spots and spend a fun vacation in the country or those who want to visit their loved ones residing in the country. But India Tourist Visa can also be used by international travelers coming here to attend a short term Yoga Programme, or take a course that will last no more than 6 months and will grant no degree or diploma certificate, or for partaking in volunteer work that will not exceed the duration of 1 month. These are the only valid grounds on which you can apply for the Tourist Visa for India.
What are the different types of Indian Tourist eVisa?
There are three different kinds of eTourist Visas to Visit India -
- The 30 days India Tourist eVisa - With the help of the 30 days India Tourist eVisa, visitors can stay in the country for a maximum span of 30 days, from the day of entry. It is a double-entry visa, thus with this visa, you can enter the country a maximum of 2 times, within the visa’s validity period. Keep in mind that it will come with a date of expiry, which is the day before which you must have entered the country.
- The 1 year India Tourist eVisa - The 1 year India Tourist eVisa is valid for a year from the date of the issue. Since it is a multiple entry visa, using it, you can enter the country multiple times, but it has to be within the span of the Indian eVisa’s validity.
- The 5 Year India Tourist Visa - The 5 Year India Tourist Visa is valid for 5 years from the date of the issue. Since it is a multiple entry visa, using it, you can enter the country multiple times, but it has to be within the span of the Indian eVisa’s validity.
Requirements for Indian Tourist Visa Application
- A scanned copy of the Ordinary passport is required.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India.
- Ensure the passport has two blank pages for the Immigration Officer's stamp at the airport.
- Diplomatic or other passport types are not accepted.
- Recent passport-style colour photo of the visitor.
- Proof of a working email address.
- Debit or credit card for application fee payment.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate possession of sufficient funds for the trip and stay in India.
- Online Form: Access the Online Indian Visa Application Form for the Tourist Visa.
- Eligibility Conditions: Ensure you meet all eligibility conditions specified for the visa application.
- Submission: Submit all required documents and information through the online application.
Unlike traditional visas, the e-Visa process does not require a visit to the Indian Embassy.
Immigration Check Posts
Having gathered all the necessary information, the application process for the Indian Tourist Visa is straightforward. Ensure adherence to requirements and eligibility conditions to facilitate a smooth application process.
There are over 170 nationalities eligible for Indian e-Visa Online. Citizens from United Kingdom, Angola, Venezuela, United States, Vanuatu and Canada amongst other nationalities are eligible to apply for Online Indian Visa.