Indian Visa from Austria
The Indian government has made it quick and simple to apply for an Indian visa from Austria. Austrian citizens may now apply for an Indian visa online from the comfort of their homes thanks to the advent of the eVisa. Austrian residents can travel to India electronically using an eVisa.
The Indian government launched electronic travel permission in 2014, making it possible for nationals of 166 different nations to apply for and get an Indian eVisa. These tourists now have the ease of applying for a visa online, providing the required paperwork, and obtaining their eVisa electronically in a matter of days thanks to this technology.
Depending on the reason for their intended journey, Austrian nationals can apply for one of the various types of Indian eVisas. Austrian visitors can apply for an Indian eTourist visa to visit friends and relatives, engage in spiritual retreats, or engage in other tourism-related activities there. The Indian eBusiness visa is more suited if the visit's main goal is to do business.
If the intention of the trip is to indulge in medical tourism while in India, visitors may also file for an Indian eMedical visa. Before requesting an Indian eVisa in any of these scenarios, Austrians must carefully assess their travel needs as each form of visa has its own set of prerequisites that applicants must fulfil.
You require India e-Tourist Visa (eVisa India or Indian Visa Online to witness the amazing places and experiences as a foreign tourist in India. Alternatively, you could be visiting India on an India e-Business Visa and want to do some recreation and sightseeing in India. The Indian Immigration Authority encourages visitors to India to apply for Indian Visa Online (India e-Visa) rather than visiting Indian Consulate or Indian Embassy.
Do citizens of Austria require an eVisa to enter India?
All international visitors to India must get a visa before travelling there, according to the Indian government. Therefore, visitors from Austria must apply for an Indian eVisa online or at a nearby Indian embassy or consulate. The traveller must satisfy the following prerequisites in order to be eligible to apply for an Indian eVisa:
- Possessing a working email address
- Using a functioning debit or credit card
- Holding a current passport
What are the Documents Needed to Apply for an Indian eVisa for Austrian Citizens?
Before starting the application procedure for the Indian eVisa, visitors from Austria must fulfil a few qualifying conditions. These are what they are:
- Must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the traveller's arrival date in India.
- Must have a passport with at least two (2) blank pages on which to stamp entries and exits.
- Regardless of age, every person applying for an Indian eVisa has to have their own passport.
- Each child flying to India with a parent must have their own passport and fill out a separate eVisa application form.
- International Travel Document holders and individuals with diplomatic passports are ineligible to apply for an Indian eVisa.
- It is not possible to change the Indian eTourist travel permit into another form of visa.
- The maximum permitted duration of stay in the country cannot be exceeded with the India electronic tourist visa.
- The 90-day duration of the online tourist visa for India is valid for travel there.
- Travellers are limited to two applications per year for the Indian e-Tourist visa.
- When requesting an Indian eTourist visa, travellers are required to have either a return ticket or a ticket for a subsequent traveller.
- If accepted, visitors must always have a copy of their Indian eTourist visa on them while they are there.
- Travellers are only permitted to enter India through one of the specified airports or designated seaports with the Indian eTourist visas. For their exit from India, visitors may select from any of the authorised immigration checkpoints.
- Austrian visitors who intend to go to India by land or water must get an Indian visa from a nearby Indian Embassy or Consulate before they depart for the country.
Foreigners who must visit India on a crisis basis are granted an Emergency Indian Visa (eVisa for emergency). If you live outside of India and need to visit India for a crisis or urgent reason, such as the death of a family member or cherished one, coming to court for legal reasons, or your family member or a cherished one is suffering from a real illness, you can apply for an emergency India visa. Learn more at The Emergency Visa to Visit India.
How long would it take to obtain an electronic visa from Austria to India?
Travellers are advised to apply for their Indian eTourist visa in advance to avoid having their plans affected by processing delays. Additionally, applicants should be aware that the processing time for the Indian eTourist visa is up to 4 business days.
Austrians may occasionally be required to offer more proof to back up the data they entered on the form. This proof might come in the form of a scanned copy of the passport's biographical page or a current colour photo of the passenger.
The Indian government mandates that applicant images meet a number of minimal requirements, including:
- The subject's face must be in the middle.
- The entire face of the subject can be seen, right down to the chin.
- The image is focused and not blurry.
How To Fill up the eVisa application for India from Austria?
Austrian residents must go to the Indian Online eVisa website and start filling out the application form online in order to apply for the Indian eTourist visa.
The traveller will be required to submit specific personal, career, educational, travel, and passport information on this form. In order to identify any risk characteristics, travellers will also be required to respond to a few security questions. Additionally, a charge for the processing of the traveller's Indian eTourist visa application must be paid. You can pay this charge with a legitimate debit or credit card.
Travellers must make sure the information they supply on the eVisa application form is accurate in order to prevent delays in the processing time of their eVisa application and to reduce the likelihood of a visa refusal. Additionally, the data must coincide with the information in the applicant's passport.
Before submitting the application, travellers will be able to evaluate the information supplied on the form. The applicant's eVisa will be sent to them through email 4 business days after the application has been filed.
Points to keep in mind -
- Visitors may be asked to produce the traveller's passport and a printed copy of the eTourist visa to Indian Immigration and Border Control authorities at the airport.
- The traveller's fingerprints, photographs, and data on the eVisa and passport will be used by the Indian government to verify the information on both documents.
- An entrance sticker will be put on the traveller's passport once they have been given the all-clear to enter India, allowing them to do so.
Widely renowned all over the world for their majestic presence and stunning architecture, the palaces and forts in Rajasthan are a lasting testament to India’s rich heritage and culture. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Palaces and Forts in Rajasthan.
What are the Authorized Entry Ports for the eVisa India?
A person may enter India by any of the 31 authorised airports and 5 seaports once they have secured an electronic visa. However, visitors are permitted to leave from any of the authorised Immigration Check Posts throughout the nation (ICPs).
India's airports where access is permitted include:
- Port Blair
These are the authorized seaports for Online Indian Visa:
- Chennai Seaport
- Cochin Seaport
- Goa Seaport
- Mangalore Seaport
- Mumbai Seaport
Those who desire to visit India via other points of entry must apply for a normal visa at the Indian consulate or embassy that is closest to them.
India Immigration Authority has suspended issuance of 1 year and 5 years e-Tourist Visa from 2020 with advent of COVID19 pandemic. At the moment, India Immigration Authority only issues 30-day tourist India Visa Online. Read more to learn about durations of different visas and how to extend your stay in India. Learn more at Indian Visa Extension Options.
Where is the Embassy of India in Austria?
Contact: Mr. Dinkar Khullar
@Designation: Ambassador/Permanent Rep
Address: Kaerntnerring 2, A-1015,Vienna
Phone: 00-43-1-5058666, 5850795
Fax: 00-43-1-5059219 (Chancery) 5850805 (Consular/Visa)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Details: Indian Diplomatic Missions in Abroad
Work Allocated: Mr. Dinesh K. Patnaik
Work Detail: Minister/DCM
Where is the Embassy of Austria in India?
Austria Embassy in New Delhi
Address - EP-13, Chandergupta Marg, Chanakyapuri 110 021, New Delhi India
Phone - +91-11-2419-2700
Fax - +91-11-2688-6929
Austria Consulate in Chennai
Address - c/o Kothari Buildings, 115 Mahatma Gandhi Salai 600034, Chennai India
Phone - +91-44-2833-4501; +91-44-2833-4502; +91-44-2833-4556; +91-44-3022-5515
Fax - +91-44-2833-4560
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Austria Consulate in Goa
Address - Salgaocar House, Dr. F. Louis Gomes Road, Vasco Da Gama 403802, Goa India
Phone - +91-83-2251-3816; +91-83-2251-3811
Fax - +91-83-2251-0112
Email - email@example.com
Austria Consulate in Kolkata
Address - Industry House, 1st floor, 10, Camac Street 700017, Kolkata India
Phone - +91-33-2283-5661
Fax - +91-33-2281-8323
Austria Consulate in Mumbai
Address - 26 Maker Chambers VI, 2. Stock, Nariman Point 400 021, Mumbai India
Phone - +91-22-2285-1734 +91-22-2285-1774 +91-22-2285-1066
Fax - +91-22-2287-0502
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
India is home to such spas and Ayurvedic therapies which will not only help you calm immediately but also give you the required potion to prosper in the long run. Some of these well-preserved sanctuaries are extremely old and reliable. Learn more at Best Ayurvedic Destinations in India
Citizens of many countries including United States, France, Denmark, Germany, Spain, Italy are eligible for India e-Visa(Indian Visa Online). You can apply for the Indian e-Visa Online Application right here.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or India e-Visa,contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.